The Old Lifeboat House, Grade II, was built in 1884 at the end of East Terrace to house Walton?s first RNLI lifeboat, Honourable Artillery Company.
Since 1984, it has been Walton?s Maritime Museum under the management of Frinton & Walton Heritage Trust.
Displays include: information on Walton?s past lifeboats and the men who sailed them; artefacts recording Walton?s colourful history as a seaside town and fossils representing the immense geological significance of this coast as a Special Site of Scientific Interest (SSSI).
Walton Maritime Museum regularly holds special exhibitions. The current exhibition is ?By the Seaside?, highlights a wide variety of activities - from traditional beach-based entertainments and pier variety shows to sports, drama societies and music concerts that were part of Walton and Frinton?s summer seasons from the 1880s to the 1940s and which were popular with residents and holidaymakers alike.
East Terrace, Walton on the Naze CO14 8PY, United Kingdom