Severn Valley Country Park is a country park in England, located near Alveley, Shropshire, 8 miles from Bridgnorth, 7 miles from Kidderminster, roughly central in the Severn Valley.
The site was a coal mine for over 400 years, with shafts being put in at Highley in 1870; and the river and then the railway were used to transport the coal. A new shaft was sunk at Alveley in 1935, with production beginning in 1938 and being fully transferred from Highley by 1940. Sidings for the colliery on the Severn Valley Railway opened on 30 January 1939, with coal being transferred to the sidings via a ropeway across the river Severn. The mine finally closed as uneconomic in January 1969. Work started to reclaim the site in 1986; the park was officially opened to the public in 1992.