Tickets for Royal Mint Tour & Exhibition.
One of our BESTSELLERS.
One of the most famous Mints in the world and located in the amazing Welsh Valleys. Home to some of the most important historical artefacts in it’s 1,100 year history.
You can also have your photo taken with the medals from the London 2021 Olympics. Learn how the coins in your pocket actually get made. Its not a simple process, as you can probably imagine and that is why the Royal Mint coins are some of the most secure coins from around the world.
A fascinating visit, this one.
Interesting Facts About The Royal Mint
- Sir Isaac Newton (the man that discovered gravity) was the Master of Mint!
- Amongst the coins held in the Mint’s museum collection is a silver penny from Alfred the Great and its one of the oldest coins in the collection!
- The Royal Mint we know today was only opened in 1968!
- Each year the test coins to ensure they reach the high standards we require. The test is called the ‘Trial of the Pyx’ and are judged by a jury panel!
- Monarchs face the opposite direction to the last on coins.
- The Tower of London was also once home to the Royal Mint.
- During WWII, they set up a backup Mint at Pinewood Studios in case a bomb hit the real Mint!
- The Royal Mint doesn’t just make coins for the UK, but other countries also!