Tickets for Pompeii: Reserved Entrance.
One of our BESTSELLERS.
- Reserved entrance to Pompeii
Pompeii was destroyed by Mount Vesuvius when it erupted 2000 years ago in 79 C.E. The city is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an ancient ruins that you can visit and see the remains of artefacts, artwork, buildings that were frozen in time and buried under the tsunami of volcanic ash.
It didn’t just cover Pompeii, but several other close villages too, and the people that lived there. It was an absolute catastrophe. Today, Pompeii is a spectacular ruins and one of Italy’s most popular tourist attractions.
Why not upgrade to our great combination tickets. For Pompeii we offer:
- NAPLES CITY CARD which includes Pompeii as well as Naples Underground, entrance to National Archaeological Museum of Naples and great further discounts. Just click HERE for ticket details
- POMPEII + VESUVIUS PASS. Click HERE for ticket details
Pompeii Opening Hours
Monday: 09:00 – 19:00
Tuesday: 09:00 – 19:00
Wednesday: 09:00 – 19:00
Thursday: 09:00 – 19:00
Friday: 09:00 – 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 – 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 – 19:00
Pompeii Interesting Facts
- Pompeii is located at the base of Mount Vesuvius and it was Mount Vesuvius that erupted causing the catastrophe in 79AD.
- Its a World Heritage Site
- Because of the speed at which Vesuvius erupted and the heat, the local area was effectively frozen in time to the point where they have since found bodies, or casts of bodies that were literally crusted by the explosion and some of which are now on display in special cabinets. This may sound grotesque, but we assure you it isn’t. As they are completed covered in crust and have been cast, you can’t see anything other than the clear outline of the bodies.
- The area has ancient graffiti on display which is incredible to see as it gives an insight into how life was.