Oxford Island is located on the shores of Lough Neagh; take the Lurgan exit, Junction 10, off the M1. Owned and managed by Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council much of the area is designated as a National Nature Reserve due to its wide variety of habitats such as reed beds, open water, wildlife ponds and wildflower meadows.
The site has a number of facilities including a network of trails, birdwatching hides, the Lough Neagh Discovery Centre, Kinnego Marina and the Waterside House, all of which give visitors to the site excellent opportunities to get close to nature. The richness of the wildflower meadows, woodlands, shoreline and open water means that there is always something special to see. Information panels throughout the Reserve maximise the visitor's enjoyment of this valuable site.
Access to Oxford Island and the Lough Neagh Discovery Centre is free of charge.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, which:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- violate the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic
- are disruptive
- are repetitive
- are posted in irrelevant threads