Kirkley Hall is a 17th-century historic country mansion and Grade II listed building. The estate has over 190 acres of land and is situated on the bank of the River Blyth at Kirkley, three miles north of Ponteland in the heart of the Northumberland countryside, which is now a Horticultural and Agricultural training centre.
The manor of Kirkley was granted to the de Eure family in 1267 and Sir William Eure was recorded as in occupation of a tower house there in 1415. In the early 17th century the manor came into the ownership of the Ogle family, and in 1632 Cuthbert Ogle built a new manor house close to the site of the old house. A stone lintel preserved over a doorway in the present house bears this date, and the initials and arms of Cuthbert Ogle and his wife, Dorothy Fenwick.
Substantial alterations were made to the structure in 1764 by Newton Ogle (1726?1804), Dean of Winchester, who also in 1788 erected an obelisk in the grounds commemorating the accession of William III and Mary II in 1689.
The Reverend John Saville Ogle substantially rebuilt the house in about 1832.
Notable members of the Ogle family connected with Kirkley include Admiral Sir Chaloner Ogle and Sir Chaloner Ogle, 1st Baronet. See also Baron Ogle and Ogle Baronets.
The Ogles disposed of their Kirkley estates in 1922. The Hall was bought by the local shipowner Sir William Noble (later William Noble, 1st Baron Kirkley). It was damaged by fire in 1929 and rebuilt by him on a somewhat reduced scale from the designs of the architects Robert Burns Dick and Robert MacKellar.