With Farnham Castle fully renovated and brought back to life it is finally licensed for civil ceremonies - having hosted many special occasions and wedding celebrations in the years prior to this. Farnham Castle opened its doors to its first wedding celebration
The Great Hall is repaired and redecorated, followed by the restoration and renovation of Bishop?s Palace in 2006 and The Keep in 2010.
The Bishops of Guildford vacate the Castle and the buildings are left unoccupied for several years until 1962, when the Bishop?s Palace is leased.
The War Office sets up a Camouflage Development and Training Centre at the Castle.
During the World Wars, the 13th Century Arches were exposed and in 1933 the Keep was placed in the guardianship of the State.
Around this time, the Castle was brought into the modern age as Bishop David installed electricity at the Castle.
Stained glass windows were installed at the Castle.
The windows, which still remain intact, were ?signed? by cleaners! Three decades later, the motto was inscribed on the fireplace.