Visit one of Scotland?s oldest tower houses.
Stroll through the Old Wood of Drum, home to oak trees dating from the 1700s.
Admire Drum?s exquisite chapel, built in the 1500s.
Relax amid the heady scents of the Garden of Historic Roses.
The sweep of 700 years of history is stamped into Drum?s battlements, medieval square tower and sprawling extensions.
The Royal Forest and Tower of Drum were given to the Irvine family by Robert the Bruce in 1323. Later a Jacobean mansion house was added, and in the Victorian era the lower hall was converted to a library, now containing a mighty 4,000 books.
The beautiful Garden of Historic Roses is divided into quadrants that show how roses have been cultivated from the 17th to the 20th century.
The ancient oak forest adjoins the castle, providing a sense of continuity through the centuries and a home for red kites, roe deer, red squirrels and badgers.