Tickets for Cite de Carcassonne – Visit the Castle and the Ramparts.
One of our BESTSELLERS
- Access to the Castle and the Ramparts of the Cite de Carcassonne
- Access to the museum
The Cite de Carcassonne. Southern France’s famous fortified medieval city and one of the countries most popular and impressive historical attractions.
Over the course of history, the citadel has been claimed by the Romans, Visigoths, the Crusaders and the Saracens. It was due to be demolished in the 19th century, but luckily that was cancelled and instead a massive restoration project was agreed instead helping to make it what it is today.
Explore the huge double-wall which has 52 watchtowers dotted along it and surrounds the town. The on-site museum also helps to bring it all to life.
Napoleon, who wanted to demolish it, was luckily overruled and today it stands with UNESCO World Heritage Status. Definitely worth a visit.
Why not upgrade to one of our great combination tickets. For Cite de Carcassonne we offer:
Cite de Carcassonne Opening Hours
Daily: 09:30 – 16:45
Cite de Carcassonne Interesting Facts
- Around 4 million people visit Cite de Carcassonne each year!
- The Cite de Carcassonne has been an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997.
- The city is surrounded by a wall that spans around 3 km’s!
- Its got a whopping 52 towers dotted along its wall!
- Napoleon wanted to demolish it in 1849 but was over-ruled!
- In 1898, the on-site church was actually given Basilica status!