Tickets for Alcazar of Seville: Skip the Line.
This is another of our BESTSELLERS!
- Skip The Line entrance to the Alcázar of Seville
The Alcázar of Seville and priority access to one of Spain’s landmark locations!
A UNESCO World Heritage site that was built over 500 years with various influences from over that time, but with one thing in common from each phase…. the beauty of it.
The palace is renowned for several aspects, including its amazing tropical gardens, lavish courtyards and it’s tiled altarpieces that also serve as frames for tapestries, with the tapestries often having a story behind them. This ticket gives you timed entry so you can avoid the queues.
Why not upgrade the ticket to one of our great combination tickets. For the Alcázar of Seville we offer:
- Seville Super Combi which includes Alcázar of Seville + Seville Cathedral & Giralda + Seville City Guide & Bonus Discount! Just click HERE to see full ticket details!
- The Seville Pass which includes Alcázar of Seville + Seville Cathedral & Girlada + Hop-on Hop-off Bus Seville. Click HERE for full ticket details!
Alcázar of Seville Opening Hours
Daily: 09:30 – 17:00
Interesting Facts About the Alcázar of Seville
- The Alcázar of Seville is a mixture of Christian and Mudejar architecture having both Arab and Spanish influence.
- It took hundreds of years to complete the structure but that does include all the remodelling!
- The Alcázar of Seville was devastated by an earthquake in 1755.
- Although its an official Royal Palace and residence, its actually owned by the local council of Seville.
- Parts of the palace have been featured in films and TV shows!
Seville is the capital of Andalucia (or Andalusia depending on how you want to spell it!), a city full of culture and history. One of its most popular attractions is the Alcazar of Seville, a royal palace known for its stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and rich history. The Alcazar of Seville was built for King Peter of Castile in a Mudejar style on the site of an old Muslim Alcazar which was destroyed during the conquest of 1248. The Alcazar of Seville is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is visited by millions of people each year.
When is the best time to visit The Alcazar of Seville?
Spring in Seville is an amazing time of year with mild and sunny weather. The city is alive with colour as the flowers begin to bloom making it the perfect time to visit the Alcazar of Seville and its amazing gardens. Here are some reasons why spring is a great time to visit Alcazar Seville:
- The gardens are in full bloom: The amazing gardens of the Alcazar are equally as famous as the Alcazar itself, and they are at their best in spring as the flowers start to bloom. The gardens are bursting with colour and fragrance, making it a wonderful time to explore them.
- Mild weather: Spring in Seville is normally warm with average temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C and this makes it comfortable to walk around the palace and gardens without feeling too hot or cold.
- Normally smaller crowds: While the Alcazar is one of the most popular attractions in the area, it’s normally quieter in spring than it is during the summer months. This means you can enjoy the palace and gardens at a more leisurely pace and without having to deal with crowds.
Enjoying Alcazar Seville Under the Sun
Seville during the summertime is normally hot and sunny and the average temperatures range from 26°C to 36°C. While this may sound rather hot and uncomfortable, there are still many reasons to visit Alcazar Seville during the summer including:
- Longer opening hours: During the summer months, the Alcazar has longer opening hours and that means you have more time to explore the palace and gardens.
- The summer nights: Seville is known for its amazing nightlife, and summer is the perfect time to enjoy it. After a day of exploring the Alcazar palace and gardens, you can then go and relax at one of the many bars and restaurants in the city and soak up the vibrant atmosphere to complete your day.
- Special events: The Alcazar hosts special events during the summer which includes concerts and festivals. These events are a great way to experience the palace and gardens in a unique way.
Autumn in Seville.
Autumn is another of the best times to visit the Alcazar Seville if you would prefer to avoid the busy crowds of the summer months. The weather is still mild, with average temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C. Here are some reasons why autumn is a good time to visit:
- Fewer crowds: Like a springtime visit being before the peak season, as the summer tourist season comes to an end, the autumn crowds at the Alcazar also get smaller and this means you can explore the palace and gardens at your own pace without having to deal with lots of people.
- Cultural events: Seville still hosts lots cultural events in the autumn including such as the Seville Film Festival and the Biennial of Flamenco and these events are a great way to experience the city’s rich culture and history.
Winter: The Quietest Time to Visit Alcazar Seville
As you would expect, winter is the quietest time to visit Alcazar Seville. The weather is cooler, with average temperatures ranging from 8°C to 16°C but don’t let that put you off as there are still many reasons why you can still enjoy a visit to the Alcazar Seville during the winter months:
- Festive atmosphere: Seville is known for its amazing Christmas markets and fabulous decorations, and winter is the perfect time to experience and enjoy them. The Alcazar is also beautifully decorated during the holiday season, making it a magical place to visit.
- Smaller crowds: As winter is the quietest time of year at the Alcazar, this means you can explore and enjoy the palace and gardens in peace and quiet. This is especially true during the weekdays when there are fewer tourists around, as you can appreciate.
- Lower prices: As winter is the low season in Seville, that also means you can generally find cheaper flights and hotel deals, so you can also save some money!
Q: What is the best time of day to visit Alcazar Seville?
A: The Alcazar is normally quieter in the early morning or late afternoon, so we say they are the best times to visit if you do want to try and avoid the crowds.
Q: Can I visit Alcazar Seville on a rainy day?
A: Absolutely, you can still visit the Alcazar on a rainy day. While the gardens may be less attractive in the rain (unless you don’t mind getting a little wet!) the palace is indoors and can still be very much enjoyed.
Q: Are there any events held at Alcazar Seville throughout the year?
A: Yes, the Alcazar hosts multiple events throughout the year including concerts and festivals. You can check their website for the latest information about what’s going on at the Alcazar.