Tickets for Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel: Priority Entrance.
One of our BESTSELLERS!
- Priority Entrance to Abbaye du Mont Saint Michel
- Booklet available on site in multiple languages
The medieval Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel which stands near the beaches of Normandy and is a must see for any history fan, but also those visiting the local area.
The Abbaye welcomes around 2,000,000 visitors each year to enjoy its beauty.
It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 20 rooms to explore, along with beautiful gardens that offer amazing panoramic views.
What you can see at the Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel
Visitors can enjoy the various sections of the Abbey including the cloisters, the refectory, the scriptorium along with the abbey church. You can also enjoy the amazing views from the ramparts.
About Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel
Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel sits on Le Mont Saint-Michel, a small island community in Normandy just off the coast. Its suggested that Archangel Michel was first worshiped here in 708 AD, making it a crucial medieval pilgrimage site.
The Abbey was built in the 10th century by the Benedictine Monks when they realised how important the Island was and then, over 100 years ago in 1874, it was first listed as an historic monument, around 80 years after the Monks had moved out.
The island has Europe’s highest tidal variations. The water rises and falls by as much as 15 meters in just 6 hours!
The abbey has influenced art and literature and has been featured in multiple literary works including Victor Hugo’s ‘The Hunchback of Notre-Dame’
Why not upgrade to one of our great combination tickets. For Saint-Michel we have:
- Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel + Alligator Bay. Click HERE for ticket details.
- Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel + Transport from Paris. Click HERE for ticket details.
Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel Opening Hours
- 1st May – 31st August
Monday 09:00 – 19:00 | Tuesday 09:00 – 19:00 | Wednesday 09:00 – 19:00 | Thursday 09:00 – 19:00 | Friday 09:00 – 19:00 – | Saturday 09:00 – 19:00 | Sunday 09:00 – 19:00
- 1st September – 30th April
Monday 09:30 – 18:00 | Tuesday 09:30 – 18:00 | Wednesday 09:30 – 18:00 | Thursday 09:30 – 18:00 | Friday 09:30 – 18:00 | Saturday 09:30 – 18:00 | Sunday 09:30 – 18:00
Interesting Facts About Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel
- Mont Saint Michel certainly wasn’t built over-night, taking an estimated 1300 years! With it situated on an island that gets cut of depending on the tides, it meant the construction took a rather long time! Various sources suggest they started the project in 708 AD.
- Its said the Archangel Michel visited Bishop Aubert of Avranches during his dreams and told him to build the property.
- Mont Saint Michel acted as a prison during the French Revolution
- UNESCO listed it as a World Heritage Site in 1979
- Mont Saint Michel sees some of the highest tides in Europe.